Saturday 22 March 2014

Practice Makes Perfect!

So, in November I was lucky enough to land myself a wonderful opportunity to do a works experience placement with the amazing fashion & editorial photographer Marie Harkness of Harkness Fashion Photography based in Newcastle.

I was absolutely thrilled when Marie told me I could assist on a male model's shoot to build up his fashion portfolio, & it was just as amazing as I expected it to be & an absolutely huge learning experience. As this is the type of photography that I hope to get into after graduating, it is great that I got the opportunity to get some first-hand experience. As my University course is more based around fine art, this is something I don't get the opportunity to do in Carlisle.

The other week Marie contacted me again asking me if I wanted to assist her on a shoot for a local annual Hairdressing competition & to bring my camera along to take some behind the scenes shots. It was a really great experience, & I'm looking forward to assisting her again soon. Take a look below for some of my BTS shots.





No comments:

Post a Comment